The Costume Institute Gala, known as the Met Ball and nicknamed the “Oscars of the East Coast”, is an annual event that celebrates the annual opening of the Metropolitan Museum’s fashion exhibit at the Costume Institute. The red carpet evening where celebrities arrive dressed to impress is described as the fashion industry’s “Night of Nights”. Fashion industry experts and style magazines consider the event, which is hosted by Vogue, to be the fashion world’s biggest and best red carpet event of the year. The Met Ball is also the Fashion Industries largest Runway Show, where designers are excited to share pieces from their avant-garde (COLLECTIONS). It is regarded as the top annual social event in New York City since 1948, the year in which the Costume Institute was founded. Now to the extremely over the top, expected, and non expected fashion frenzy’s of the stars;
1) Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney: She came to the Met Ball in the same dress Octavia Spencer wore to the Oscars? What the hell was this? The dress was fine, she looked fine, but you don’t go to the Met Ball looking “just fine”. If I saw this picture and had no idea who she was I would say “thats a pretty mother of the bride”!
3) Victoria’s Secret model Karolina Kurkova designed by Rachel Zoe: I totally get that she looks like she’s staring in the re-make of The Bodyguard, but I still need to take into consideration that the Met Ball is really the only time you can walk down the red carpet in a couture costume. That said it needs to be done right, and unfortunately she missed the mark.
5) Scarlett Johansson in Dolce and Gabbana: This is a clear example of bad styling. The dress on its own is stunning… The color did not work here, nor did her hair and make-up. If Sofia Vergara had worn this dress it would have been my BEST.
6) Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan: Many of the looks in the room the evening sucked the life out of the red carpet, but this Vampire Diaries star is doing no such thing, HOME RUN….. Impeccable, and one of my BEST!
7) Beyonce in Givenchy: Ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce the off spring of Cher and Bjork………. That said, had this dress have no sleeves, it would have been my BEST… The sleeves killed it for me, otherwise it would have been incredible!
9) Rihanna in Tom Ford: Good thing Steve Irwin is dead, if not we would have one pissed off crocodile hunter! Had she called me to style this look, it would have not only been the BEST of the evening it very well could have been the BEST of all Rihanna times. Who the fuck styled this look? The dress on its own is one of my favorite dress of not only this evening, but of ALL-TIME black dress.. The hair, make-up and 3 inch black nails KILLED this look…