Looking for new trends this Spring? Shop the new season with People Style Watch’s cheat sheet for Spring! Here are the top 10 trends you don’t want to miss!1) Colorblocking – This is a major trend for Spring. You can colorblock with anything from dresses to shoes. The easiest way to make this statement is by choosing two solid colors in different hues and pairing them together. Tip: try coblat blue with yellow and orange or deep blues with bright pink and white.
2) Day Clutches – These are great accessories for running around during the Spring time. Why the need to have an oversized bag that just contains your wallet and phone? Tip: to create a casual look pair your fitted tee with denim while using your clutch in leather or brights to polish off your outfit!
3) Ankle Strap Heels – As the weather gets warmer our outfits become much sexier. Giuseppe Zanotti has a great selection of comfortable and chic ankle strap heels. Tip: a skinny strap will accentuate the leg while a thick strap can sometimes be unflattering.
4) Mint Green – Pastels are a beautiful way to transition into Spring. Mint green is a huge color this season. This is a great color for nail polish or a simple belt on a white pair of denims. Tip: looks great with any skin tone; no need to hit the tanning bed for this look!
5) Leather – Don’t put away your leather just yet. Leather is a perfect way to top off any look. A great leather jacket over a mini dress or even incorporating it in your accessories (leather wrap bracelets). Looking for a splurge? Valentino is going stud rock with leather! Tip: don’t be afraid to wear black leather on colors, Spring isn’t exactly Summer…
6) Blue and Green Jewelry – Ocean-inspired colors are essential for Spring. As the flowers bloom earthy color jewels make a statement. Tip: Go for the lighter hues so the colors don’t clash.
7) Florals - This is a trend we see frequently during Spring time. This year they’re back with bigger and bolder prints. Best look for this is on flowy dresses, fun tops, and even pencil skirts! Tip: don’t throw away your florals most likely they are always a flirty way to transition into Spring.
8) Peplums – Many are skeptical of peplums. Some think it adds a little something something on the waist. What many don’t know is that sometimes it can flatter you in areas you do not want to accentuate. Tip: find a dress with peplums in the back which can actually flatter your backside.
9) Metallic Shoes - It’s all about the high-gloss silver and gold pumps. You can create this metallic look with any kind of shoe. Giuseppe Zanotti has simple metallic pumps great for any look. Tip: be careful what colors you pair with metallics, they look best with neutrals and black.
10) Neon – During 2012 Fashion Week the runways were burning eyes with the amount of neon produced by designers. The electric eye-catching modern feel can be featured from belts to heels to bags. This look is a great way to spice up a simple outfit. Tip: just don’t walk around head to toe in neon, you’ll over do it.